- 1 frozen veggie burger
- ½ cup black beans, cooked
- 1 small head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1.3 oz. Pro 10 cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup salsa, divided
- Cook your veggie burger and set aside. Then, microwave your black beans for 30 to 45 seconds until evenly heated.
- Start assembling your salad layer by layer starting with romaine, then brown rice, black beans, and half your salsa.
- Slide on your burger, add the remainder of your salsa, and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Enjoy immediately, or pack up for lunch tomorrow.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 424 calories, 58.3g carbs, 12g fat, 24g protein, 1497mg sodium, 5.8g sugar
Expert Dr. Holliday Chimes In
Think that quick and convenient food can't be healthy? This recipe from dietitian Julie Upton, MS, RD, of Appetite for Health proves that it is totally possible to put together a hearty and healthy meal in well under 10 minutes.
Offering nearly 24 grams of protein and 43% of your daily recommended amount of fiber, this oh-so-easy recipe satisfies hunger as it supports your weight-loss goals. Assemble all your ingredients tonight, and pack it up for an easy lunch at work tomorrow.