- 1 egg, large
- 1.3 oz. Vitamin D cheese, shredded or sliced
- ½ avocado, spread
- 2 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
- Place whole grain bread in the toaster.
- Cook eggs to preference (scramble, over easy, poached).
- After toasting, spread avocado on each side.
- Top with the eggs and Delightful vitamin D cheese.
- Season with pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 477 calories, 28g carbs, 32g fat, 22g protein, 502mg sodium, 6g sugar
Expert Dr. Holliday chimes in
"I just can’t say enough about this meal; it delivers 22 grams of protein (close to 45% of Christa’s daily target value) which means she’s getting the right energy to sustain her during a hectic work morning with little breaks. Bite for bite she won’t get a much better breakfast.
While the calories are closing in on 500, each calories count on this plate is nutrient dense and is really working for her. The avocados win as they contribute 20 vitamins and minerals, the egg is a complete protein and the Delightful vitamin D cheese contributes to 9 grams of high quality protein as well as 20% daily value of vitamin D and 25% daily value of calcium- this is big as she’s not drinking milk!”