- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Medium Yellow Squash
- 1 Medium Potato
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 Tbsp fresh Thyme
- 1/3 tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Fuel Good cheese
- 1 Can of Artichoke Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Saute both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with Fuel Good cheese and artichoke hearts and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 248 calories, 26g carbs, 12.5g fat, 11.5g protein, 363mg sodium, 5g sugar, 6g fiber
Expert Dr. Holliday Chimes In
“This vegetable casserole will pair nicely as a side dish for Shelly’s family. It is flavorful and colorful as it offers a range of vegetables and fresh herbs. This recipe also adds summertime’s favorite squash. Squash offers an array of nutritional benefits including, vitamin C, B6, and fiber.
To compliment this collection of vegetables is the original blend of fuel good cheese. This cheese is infused with ginseng and green tea, which not only adds flavor, but two traditional sources of natural energy. Green tea boasts heart healthy properties and ginseng provides a peaceful balance to this dish.”