- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 15 oz can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 10 oz can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup yellow corn, if canned, drain + rinse
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 - 9" Low-Carb, High Fiber Tortillas
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup Pro 10 cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown hamburger, onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder in a pan.
- Add in the black beans, diced tomatoes, and corn and enchilada sauce. Mix well.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Next, layer 4 of the tortillas on the bottom, top with the cooked hamburger mixture.
- Spread the cottage cheese on the hamburger and add the remaining tortillas.
- Spread the sour cream on the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 650 calories, 65g carbs, 27g fat, 38g protein, 1290mg sodium, 9g sugar, 14g fiber
Expert Dr. Holliday Chimes In
"This recipe is perfect for Shelly and her family as well as others who prefer to make meals at home. The whole family can get involved when preparing this meal, especially with growing teenagers and busy schedules. These protein packed enchiladas offer exactly what they advertise. With 38 grams of protein per enchilada, they are guaranteed to fill up even the hungriest of active teens.
Enchiladas can be wholesome and healthful, and this recipe is no exception. From cholesterol lowering black beans, to plaque eliminating garlic, your cardiovascular system will thank you. Additionally, high fiber tortillas topped with protein cheese can eliminate any craving to stop for convenience food."